A Broader, Bolder, Better Education
Everywhere people are looking for a good education, but the question most pertinent is, “What is a good education?”
Good education is an education that makes a good human being:
a good member of the family
a good member of the Community
a good citizen of the country
a good citizen of the world
The three schools of humanity—home, school and community—all have a measure of responsibility towards providing every child with a good education. Every effort needs to be made to inspire ‘every child’ to become both ‘good and smart’, or ‘good’ before ‘smart’.
Education for Today
Today’s Need: Education must be concerned with the affairs of the age
* Today’s Education: At a certain moment in human history, education must also act as a powerful instrument of profound social transformation
* Aim of Education for Today: Education is a continuous and creative process. Its aim is to develop the capacities latent in human nature and to coordinate their expression for the enrichment and progress of society, by equipping children with material, human and divine knowledge.
* True Education for Today: True education releases capacities, develops analytical abilities, confidence in oneself, will power and goal setting competencies, and instills the vision that will enable a person to become a self-motivated agent of social change, serving the best interests of the community.
* Expanded Definition of Education for Today: Education needs an expanded definition that frees it from today’s largely economic context and acknowledges its role in transforming both individual lives and entire society.
* Greatest Service to God: Amongst the greatest of all the great services that can be possibly rendered by a man to Almighty God, is the education of children, building their character and inculcating in their tender hearts the love of God.
- a) Teachers need to practice patterns of behaviour that create a climate of encouragement in the classroom.
b) Parents need to practice patterns of behaviour that create a climate of encouragement in thehome.
* If one child changes, he will unite the world:
- a) Disunity in the world is the biggest problem of the modern age; therefore the social responsibility of a modern school is to unite the disunited world and to make every child a gift of God to mankind, a pride of the human race and a potential light of the world, by imparting all three kinds of education – Material, Human and Divine.
b) The social responsibility of a modern school is to unite the disunited world, to develop humanresources for the Unity of Mankind, and to make every child A Total Quality Person and A Total Quality Manager by making its students wise, talented, balanced, law abiding and just ; thus leading to the establishment of Divine Civilization on earth in place of rapidly increasing disunited, inhuman, lawless, unjust and satanic civilization